Job Description – Food & Beverage Supervisor
Our Company : White Rose BookCafe is an award winning bookshop and coffee bar in Thirsk. We pride ourselves on offering our customers a blend of great coffee, books, gifts and cards, in relaxing, attractive surroundings. We have expanded our Cafe area and menu to include light lunches, alongside our existing cakes, scones and biscuits.
Department: Coffee Bar/cafe
Reports to: Business Superviser & Director
Hours of work: Full time position up to 37.5 hours per week over 7 days, to include weekends and Bank Holiday working.
Job summary: To manage the development and preparation of a light lunch menu within an existing coffee bar environment. You will be required to offer a professional, friendly and efficient service to our customers, provide advice and assistance to current staff, undertake cleaning duties and ensuring compliance to company policies and current legislation. Manage stock ordering, waste levels, health and safety in both café and prep kitchen.
Essential skills, Experience and/or qualifications:
- Good organisational skills
- Good team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, COSHH
- A comprehensive understanding of Food Hygiene Regulations
- Good interpersonal and customer facing skills
- Good oral communications skills and an ability to communicate at all levels
- A conscientious, enthusiastic and ‘can do’ working style
Desirable Skills, Experience and/or Qualifications:
- Food Hygiene Certificate desirable, training given if not achieved
- Attainment of a GCSE English and Mathematics qualification to a minimum level grade C (or equivalent)
- Barista training or similar (training given if required)
- Experience of working in a catering environment or similar
- Working knowledge of till systems
- Preparing and cooking a variety of light lunch dishes; soups, paninis and sandwiches
- Assist and give guidance for new and existing staff in all aspects of their work with food service, giving instruction where appropriate
- Assisting in preparation of drink refreshments
- Making sure good nutritional standards are maintained
- Making sure that all food at point of delivery is of the highest quality
- Table service to customers when necessary
- Responsible for high standards of food, hygiene and health and safety
- Responsible for ordering and stock control and rotation of food and ancillary supplies (cleaning products etc)
- Responsible for fridge and freezer cleaning and management
- Undertake and achieve company funded industry recognised Food Hygiene qualification if not currently held
- To prepare menus in advance in a regular and varied way
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the business
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties
- Carry out other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you
- This job description indicates the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
Remuneration: Dependent on current qualifications and experience this role will attract a wage of £7.40 per hour.
Application: Ideally the suitable candidate will start in March 2017, interviews will be immediate. Please apply with CV and references by post or e-mail addressed for the attention of Sue Lake at the following address;
White Rose Books, 79-81 Market Place, Thirsk, North Yorkshire, YO7 1ET
e-mail: email@example.com tel: 01845 524353